Saturday, September 4, 2010

Facebook vs. blogspot

I've been a tad bit lazy with this blog over the past several months. I feel like no one is really into blogs anymore...they're all caught up in their facebook frenzy (me included). What is it about facebook that keeps you coming back for more? and more. and more. I mean, do I really want to know if you changed your profile pic? Or if so and so is now friends with so and so? Or if your kid, who I never met, fell off their bike...or if it's your childs birthday (whom I've never met) or if your having a Tupperware party 3 states away!! I must! Because I keep going back. I think if there was a war between facebook and blogspot, facebook would win. Which is sad, because you get to really reveal yourself on blogspot. What do you think? Facebook or Blogspot? Who are you loyal to?

6 comments:

chandra said...

Can I leave a comment, even though I don't have a blog and I rarely facebook? I LOVE your blogs. I get to learn new things about you and your family. I get to keep up with what's going on in your life. Keeping blogging, Julie!

paula said...

I don't like facebook. I'm with you, who really cares what you are doing at that minute. I want an update on your life. Keep blogging, I read yours all the time.

SBrooks said...

I think facebook is addicting... Everyone gets caught up in the who's doing what and when and where. I think facebook can be good but it can also be very bad. So many people I know have gotten hurt from the actions of others being so public...feeling left out and people rubbin' junk in other peoples faces. It is nice to keep up with close family and friends but I don't want to help you build a building or grow your farm.

Blogspot, for me is a journal I print off once a year and make into a hardbound book. So, if I jad to choose, blogspot but I do enjoy facebook. :)

jana said...

I like blogging, facebook is saying hi real quick, blogging is the full in-depth get to know you.

spice2116 said...

i do facebook mostly for the games, its an addiction really lol but i really enjoy reading blogs too

DeeDee said...

I love reading blogs, but I like facebook too.