Saturday, May 30, 2009

Am I a wimp?

This morning my stake was having an Enrichment activity that I really wanted to attend titled Prepare every needful thing. As I'm sure you can imagine it was on preparedness. They had different mini classes and you could choose 3 to attend plus everyone attended a 4th class which was food. The others were:
Financial Preparation
Employment
Emergency Prep
3 month supply
Gardening

I knew exactly which classes I wanted to attend and made 2 dishes that they provided me the recipe for. My daughter had volunteered to help with the nursery and so we got up early, dressed and went to the stake center. As I walked in with her, there were so many couples dropping off their kiddos and so off she went to do her childcare duties. I walked down the hall to drop my dishes off at the kitchen and saw a bunch of people I knew...all walking hand in hand with their hubbies and looking oh so happy and cheerful. It was then that I was hit with emotion (sadness - which doesn't happen too often...no, I didn't cry). I suddenly began to really miss my hubby, I felt lonely and started feeling sorry for myself. I quickly lost my desire to attend this function by myself and so, I left.
Am I a wimp or what?

6 comments:

DeeDee from SA said...

You are NOT a whimp for loving your husband! You 2 are a great couple!

Alli H. said...

You are not a whimp. It is challenging to go to those kind of activities alone. I can understand feeling almost out-of-place all of a sudden. When you have that special someone there it is like you have at least one person that you can share a common laugh, or a knowing look with. It makes it easier to get through. You are no whimp.

Janalee said...

yes you're a wimp for leaving.

but it will help you better understand other single who show up alone right? And nobody is better at befriending than you, so you can snag them before they walk back out the door.

Janalee said...

julie, i have been crying myself to sleep since steve has left.I refuse to play basketball without him.

Janalee said...

wait, that was from Art up there ^

Jolene said...

You are not a wimp! It is hard to do things husband-less but I wish you would have come and sat with us. I ended up going to all of the classes alone while Alan worked in the kitchen.