Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Freedom!!

Saturday, the 4th of July, we decided to have some people over and make a day of it. Of course, the first person Steve thought to invite was his good buddy Art. Art's wife Jana and I thought we would try to take some pics of them but they said we were asking them to do a bunch of "gay" poses and refused. So we said just act like you're really deep in conversation and they did. I swear they should be models...look how real that looks. It's like on of those Kohls 4th of July ads. This is Art's wife Jana...we just love her. She's so witty. And check out her new bathing suit...very fashionable!! I loved the print, the colors, the style....just cute!! Anyways, pretty shortly after arrival Jana informed me that she read somewhere that "it's not a true 4th of July party unless the hostess has a bowl of cherries". I was way ahead of her....good thing too or she would have blogged something horrible of my hostess-ness. Here Damian and Jarom are enjoying some patriotic cupcakes (note the bowl of cherries on the table). I decided to make a Freedom cheesecake with fresh berries and such. I think it was a hit because there were no leftovers...which is always a good sign.
This was my mama's first holiday as an Arizona resident. My brother Mark graced us with his presence...which made her happy.
one last thing...doesn't hubby look hot in that pic of him and Art...I thought so.
Happy Freedom!!


3 comments:

Janalee said...

I still don't see why they didn't want to eat a shish kabob from either end together. ?

and yes, if not for the cherries, the whole day would have been the pits. har har.

and Talia made that cheesecake yesterday and we've been feasting on the naughtiness.

Leslie said...

Cute pics glad you guys had a nice 4th of July! :o)

Varney Family said...

So fun! Glad to see the party never stops at your house :)