Sunday, July 26, 2009

wind and clouds

It's monsoon season here in Arizona. I love the storms we get...especially the windstorms. Man, when that wind blows it sounds fierce!! My kids say it's scary but I think it's quite pleasant. So today I'm sitting in the living room listening to the wind and watching this (my trees in the backyard)... when Jared (the 9 year old) comes running in. Out of breath and frantically calling my name (Mom) he yells, "Mawwwwm!!! You have to get out here quick!!" A little panic'd I say "Whats the matter Jared" as I get up and frantically head for the front door (thinking someone outside is hurt). "You HAVE to see this cloud Mom!! It's AWEsome!!" "Cloud? Did you just say cloud Jared? I thought someone was hurt!" "Oh...Sorry Mom, but you really have to see this cloud...and bring your camera". So I grab my camera and head back to the front door...all the while rolling my eyes and thinking "I can't believe I got up for a cloud". But when I went outside and followed the direction in which his finger was pointing (just above the Ridds house) I was awestruck. His excitement was definitely justified.

6 comments:

Jake & Jeffrey said...

Very cool Cloud pics!

Unknown said...

Wow! I don't know which is more amazing, God's clouds or your picture capturing it. That could go on your wall, ya know. Love you, miss you.

Bianca said...

That is cool! You should have submitted it to one of the news stations.

spice2116 said...

wow that looks sooooo cool!! way to get up

mother of seven said...

Thats is worth ALL the excitement for sure...

paula said...

Neat pictures, Jared was right, something to see.