Sunday, August 30, 2009

2 best friends

Today at work I was craving popcorn ALL DAY. I go thru these spurts when I just REALLY, REALLY, want it and this week I've been in one of those spurts. You see, we have one of those old fashioned air poppers and it really does make THE BEST popcorn. Of course, after I make popcorn, my kids always want to be my best friend...until the bowls empty. Then they could care less about me or what I'm eating. So after work today, I came home and popped me a BIG, FAT, bowl of air popped popcorn with real butter drizzled on top. As all the chitlins gathered around, I realized how I kinda miss them when I'm gone. The way they all have to tell me something really important right when someone else starts talking...yeah...I totally miss them and their eagerness to chat with me. As I popped open my can of Coke and poured it in my glass the following conversation occurred:
Jarom - mama, can I have a drink?
Me - what?! You want some of my Coke?! Are you crazy?!
Jarom - Pleeeeeaaaassseee!! I'll be your best friend.
Me - you'll be my best friend?! Well then of course you can have some.
2 or 3 minutes go by
Jarom - Mom, can I have 2 drinks of your soda? I'll be TWO best friends (raising his eyebrows and smiling ever so intently at me)!
And then I realized how much I REALLY miss them when I'm gone.

3 comments:

Alli H. said...

That is so cute. Well you have 2 best friends in one little cute package. :)

Enjoy work. E-mail when you can and dish. It's been too long.

Janika said...

Microwave popcorn is garbage. I eat hot air popcorn for lunch about 3 times/week. My babies look at the shelf with popper on it and say cown cown knowing that I will gladly make it for them. I use coconut oil and butter blended together and often add parmesean cheese.

Ha! my security word verification below is lowscorn. Because we all lovescorn

SBrooks said...

Mmmmm, microwave popcorn with real butter. When are you poppin the next batch? I will bring the chick flick!

Oh Jarom is so cute! I missed him on Sunday! He is such a fun little boy!