Thursday, January 14, 2010

Offensive MVP

We had Justins football banquet on Monday night...potluck style. So the menu consisted of some fried chicken, pizza, lots of lasagnas, someone cooked a ham, someone else tried to make enchiladas but they looked a little dry and cracked and bit like cardboard so I didn't have any. Then of course we had potato salad, pasta salad, watergate salad...all kinds of hodge podge. It's a good thing my Soupa-Star was recognized otherwise it wouldn't have been a very memorable night. So let me get on with my bragging so that I can go make myself some breakfast!

Justin Andrew Wright, son of Steven and Julie Wright is the Offensive MVP of the year! Scoring 114 points out of the 266 total points scored this season with an average of 12.7 points per game, he rushed 146 times and ran the ball 1161 yards!! He made 16 Rushing Touchdowns and 1 Receiving touchdown, 4 - 2 point conversions, and 4 successful kicks out of 6 tries! And lastly, he made his mama proud!! So you can see how recognition made the night worth it...I'll get over the trauma of the food soon enough. We love you Justin!! Good job!

3 comments:

SBrooks said...

He is such a great young man! I as well as my little son just adore him! He is fabulous with the boys at football practice! Love, love him! Way to go Mom and Justin for being AWESOME!

Heather said...

Whoot-Whoot! Way to go MVP! What a great player.

Janika said...

What year is he? College recruiting week is over and I don't see a post about his draft. ;) Congratulations.