Sunday, April 19, 2009

opinions

My father in law used to own a Texaco. Though he is LDS, has never smoked or drank in his life, and is totally against it he sold alcohol and tobacco at his store. Opinions??
In my old ward, there was a woman who worked at Starbucks. Though she didn't drink coffee and it is totally against her religion, it was her only means of making money and so she worked there. What are your feelings about this?
My hubby and I are totally in agreement when we say that Obama is not our favorite person. We did not vote for him and totally think someone else could have done a better job (not that he's had much time to prove it but you know what I mean). However, this world we live in LOVES the man!! People think he can do no wrong. I have a friend who's hubby wears Obama shirts EVERY day. I cannot remember the last time I saw him and he was NOT wearing an Obama shirt. I went to a lady's house recently and she had an Obama plate hanging in her dining room. People are making money off of him left and right. So hubby had an idea. I can't tell you what it is but I can tell you that we would be making and selling something having to do with Obama. I think it is a great idea. Obama freaks would definitely spend their money on it. From what I've seen, they spend their money on anything Obama. It is nothing we would ever display but hey, as hubby says, we're just doing it to make a few bucks and keep the family fed. So my question is, Is it wrong? Is it hipocritical? Or would you do it if was a way to take care of your family? Remember, we don't support Obama but if we can make a few bucks off of him, why not?

10 comments:

art said...

what size t-shirt does steve wear? I'm getting a two for one Obama special.

Obama may seem like the bad guy, but it's only because of the mess that Bush has created.

Jolene said...

I say do it. Practice true CAPITALISM (just to spite Obama) and make some money off of him!

I earned money to pay for my mission by working as a waitress serving beer after beer after beer.

Rhonda said...

I say do it, but don't like the man myself either. Haven't seen anything from him, except a bunch of celebrity hipe!

Anonymous said...

Obama wouldn't hesitate to make money off of you. I say do it!!

Anonymous said...

The entire LDS church is one big hippocritical society.

That's one reason I left that mess.

DeeDee from SA said...

DO IT!!! A girl gots ta eat.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

yep, us mormons are just a hipocritical mess...but hey, at least we're not cowards, right? because I mean, only a coward would leave an anonymous message like that, right?

Sarah said...

right.

spice2116 said...

lol like the coward stuff :p i wouldnt do it personally just because not happy with the man

but if it was something that would feed my family and it wasnt against the law then it might be a possibility