Tuesday, April 14, 2009

a great loss

The Santa Rita Senoritas suffered their first loss tonight. Though this is not how they intended to end their season, they did not let it get them down. They still played like champs and gave their fans quite a performance. With winds of over 20 mph, Juliet was still throwing strikes like there was no tomorrow. And with almost every hit there was a play sure to make even the other teams fans cheer. Such as the line drive Jolene caught at 2nd base...good enough even to impress her teenage son and friends. Then there was Shannon who, like always, didn't let anything get past her at 1st base. We had Katie who caught an awesome pop-fly in center field and yes, I even caught a few. Of course we all know I'm not a bragger so no one will think of me as one when I mention the 2 awesome plays Keri and I got at 3rd where she stopped the ball and threw it off to me to get the girls out at 3rd...not our most graceful moments but definitely effective!! I believe coach Jobe would have been proud!! This awesomeness didn't stop in the field...no...it continued to flow out of our bodies at batting time too. Of course Liz slammed them out in the outfield every time she went up to bat. Grandma Gail hit awesome and though Julie O couldn't run she was making it quite easy for her pinch runners to get on base. All in all we played good...just not good enough. It was fun though and as stated in prior post, our hair looked good in the end...and thats all that really matters!!
Oh, and for those of you that are wondering...yes, there is an imprint of the softball on both of my inner thighs...but it was worth it..don't you think?

4 comments:

Liz said...

Julie...the plays you mentioned were totally awesome but allow me to toot the two last plays that were almost identically brilliant from you and Keri. We went down and we did it with as much fun as we have the entire 3 game season. Team Mama, you're the best, thanks for keeping us in line. I think the highlite of the game for me, was that awesome tunnel of love. We have the best fans in the world and I went to bed with gratitude in my play by play back mind just thinking about our fans. What a memory!

Juliet said...

I would have to say that the tunnel of love was the best moment last night (except for the double play I almost made in the 2nd game and my homerun, due to samantha's awesome running skills, are a close 2nd!) I got a little sassy with a few of our fans and they know who they are! In the end it was probably their idea for the tunnel in the first place and we love 'em! Well, I gotta love at least one of them, because I sleep with him every night!!
I had a great time playing with you all and look forward to volleyball again. Although, I think softball is SR1's game! Ole'!

Heather said...

Look at all these non-blogger comments! They should be blogging! Sorry for your loss, you gals spanked them all and played your all! Great job.

Varney Family said...

Sorry for the loss but so glad you had a great time! I'm impressed you played in all that wind! Way to go Ladies!