Thursday, April 2, 2009

blah blah blah-g

It seems I'm in a blah-ging funk lateley. As much as I want to share my thoughts and opinions with others I just can't fit the time in lately nor can I figure out what to write when I sit down at this desk.
Mine is an event filled life. With 5 kids and hubby that acts like one my life is never boring. However lately, the exciting events in my life have been out of their control.
We'll start first with a piece of mail that I received on my birthday. From the window of the envelope it appeared this piece of mail was a check. "Noone owes me money" I thought to myself as I eagerly tore this envelope open with high hopes. Sure enough, there was a check in the envelope written out to me in the amount of $187 and some change. This check was from my insurance company and the letter attached simply stated that back in 2003 I paid a deductible to have my car repaired when I was hit by non other than an uninsured motorist. Well, 6 years later, they collected all monies from this chump and gave me my cut. Awesome!! I had totally even forgotten I paid that deductible.
That weekend, on Sunday, I told the kids the house needed to be spotless at ALL times. "I have a funny feeling your dad's going to surprise us this week and come home without telling us he's on his way" I told them. Sure enough, late that night, or shall I say early Monday morning he walked thru the door. The kids were so happy to find him here when they got up.
The following Monday, which was this past Monday, I receive another piece of mail. Only this time, it did not appear to be a check. It appeared to be some sort of a complaint against me as I saw what read "complaint # and complaint date". I was just as eager to open this one as I am short fused and wanted to know who's house I should egg (lol...just kidding...wait, no I'm not). Upon opening this envelope I found that my neighbors (anonymous of course) made a complaint because my dogs are "always barking". Ever so pissed, I called animal control. I was told that they were told my dogs bark late at night and that they are often left unattended. "This is false" I told her. My dogs sleep in the house every night. They are brought in at 9 and not let out until 8. One of the dogs (who we already received a complaint on) wears a shock collar all day. Which I, by the way, think is torture. Turns out it is the same neighbor that made the last complaint and pretty much, in the city of Mesa, if your dog barks even once and your neighbors don't like it, they can complain. So, if the jerks complain again, I will be fined up to $2500 and if I can't afford to pay it or refuse I will be imprisoned for up to 6 months. And since I will not pay it because my neighbor is a jerk I am hoping that you will all come and visit me in tent city....Please?!? Tell me you'll be there!! Tell me you'll visit me!!
Lastly, the Santa Rita Senoritas (my softball team) kicked bootie this week at our first ever softball game. Thats right...we won 24-2. Then when another team didn't show up for the next game we were asked to play another game so that the team that did show up would get to play. Yeah, we beat them too...11-5!! So, I am making a plea...we need a cheering squad....we need fans!! Please come and watch us!! I promise we will keep you entertained!!! Last game, we had 2 women fall and I freaked out over a bug in the field so the 3rd baseman had to come kill it for me...the 4 fans that were there loved all this excitement. Pupupuplease come!!

3 comments:

Varney Family said...

Your life as quite the adventure :) Good luck with the jerky neighbors...laws that protect them and not us stink! I'll try to come be a cheering squad at the next game - I need a good laugh :)

Alli H. said...

You sure are living an event filled life lately. I think you have too much going on. Maybe what is why it is so hard to put it all down. Great for you.

Keep up the great game playing. Even though I can't be there in person I am cheering for you from afar.

Janika said...

My neighbor's dogs are loud, numerous and annoying. But I am a good neighbor. Come live by me if it gets too crazy there.