Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Santa Rita Senoritas

I am proud to introduce to my blogging friends, the Santa Rita Senoritas!! Yes, this is the undefeated, fearless, semi pro (in our minds) group of women that I have been playing softball with lately. Oh no, don't let these mormon mommy faces fool you. WE HAVE NO MERCY!!! WE SHOW NO MERCY!! WE FEEL NO PAIN (yeah, right)!! We are there for one reason and one reason only...to have fun of course!! What'd you think I was going to say?? To win...that's so shallow!! But anyways, last night, I decided to take the whole clan to my softball game. I figured since my kids like playing with my camera so much that they could take some action shots of the team. Steph likes to do that kinda thing. So with all the trust an athlete can put into her photographer, I handed my camera over. At the end of the night, she handed it back and said she thought I would be quite pleased with her work. Let's take a look at what she got shall we?
First, we have a picture of... Steph?!?! What the?? Well, she is wearing Orange...I guess we'll keep this one. Next we have... Morgan?!?! Still not an action shot!! But she is one of the athletes daughters and she's cute so I guess we'll keep that one too. Alright, third time is a charm right? NOT!! Looks like I hired the wrong photographer!! So after going thru about a dozen of those types of shots I found this... Our fans!! This is the best group of fans a team could want...they even attempted to do the wave!! They were loud (and obnoxious) and we loved it!! Unfortunately, I never ran across those action shots that were promised to me when I hired her but there were a few a pics worth keeping. Like this one of Jolene, our 2nd baseman (who is not here for the game but for the friendship)... or this one of Juliet, our fierce pitcher... Here we have Keri...our 3rd baseman AND team mom. She brings us strawberries every week...we love her!! This is Shannon, our first baseman...nothing gets by her!! Well, except a really wild throw I made last night but that was my fault!! She is irreplaceable!! Oh, looky there, she even got one of me, the shortstop, who is now known as J-dub because we have 2 Julies and a Juliet.
But I think I like this picture better...doesn't my hair look so shiny? Because really, at the end of the day, it's all about how good your hair looks right?
PS. You guys like the song playing for this post? I thought it was clever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its always about the hair!! And yes, yours does look Marvelous.

Jolene said...

This is the most awesome post EVER! Except for the crazy picture in the middle. I will be so sad next week when our season is over! What will we do to feed our egos - I mean experience the sisterhood?

Heather said...

Go Santa Rita Senoritas!! Looks like fun out there!

Michele Bushman said...

You all rock! How fun to get together and do something you love, and to be so good at it too! You all look great, and congrats!

Janika said...

The dandelion is a really nice piece of work. HOpefully you can get some action shots before the final game.