Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chile Antofagasta Mission

Many, many, MANY moons ago, my hubby served a mission for our church. He served his mission in Antofagasta Chile. He often says these were some of the best years of his life. Unfortunately, after meeting me, he lost touch with everybody he served his mission with. At this point, we don't even know where his journal is which contained everyones names and addresses in it. So anyways, the other night we were surfing the net together and ran across a website for the Chile Antofagasta Mission. There were over 1000 alumni registered with them as well as a chat room, message board, news, etc. It was quite cool. After reading the message board for a while we ran across a couple of messages where people were looking for my hubby...old missionary companions. It made me very sad because one of these people inparticular has been on my hubbies mind on and off throughout the years and he has never known how to get ahold of him. Anyways, the last time he was even on there asking about my hubby was back in 2003. So the next day when hubby went to work, I registered him on this website as an alumni and included a link to our blog. I was so happy to see that people from his mission have been hitting my blog this morning. Hopefully, this will bring forth some friendly reunions. Santiago, Chile has hit my blog a couple of times this morning which is where one of his companions lived...one that he really wonders about. Anyways, just thougth I'd share. Wish him luck in finding some peeps!

4 comments:

spice2116 said...

missionary companion are awesome, as well as the reunions good luck on the reuniting

mother of seven said...

good job...... that is so cool. I hope your hubby is able to find his buds!!!

Dee Dee from SA said...

Good luck to Steven in finding his 'gente.'

Steve said...

DUDE! Steve - this is your buddy Steve Linton (same district in Iquique). You better remember me. Get me your contact info. I have been wondering forever how you are. How the heck are you? email me at sslint@yahoo.com