Wednesday, March 25, 2009

what would you serve?

As I'm sure you've read in prior posts, it is tradition in our home to let the birthday boy or girl choose their birthday dinner. It doesn't matter what it is they are craving, I will make it for them. And the rest of us have to "deal" with whatever it is I make that night. It's the same every year...Justin always requests homemade hamburgers, Steph - cheese pizza, Jared - any pizza, hubby - tacos or anything mexican, me - steaks. Well, tomorrow is Jaroms birthday. He will be 3. This is really the first year that he can actually express his cravings and desires. So today Steve says "tell mama what you want for dinner tomorrow....you can have ANYTHING you want!! ANYTHING!!". Without hesitation, Jarom told me what he wants for dinner tomorrow.....Ice Cream!! "That's not dinner Jarom, that's dessert", I said. To which he replied "Daddy said ANYTHING I WANT!!"
Of course the older kids are anxiously anticipating tomorrows dinner. Wondering if Jarom has started something they were never clever enough to start or if I, the wicked witch of East Mesa, will not honor Jaroms wish and serve something "dinner-ish".

Soooooo.....What would you serve???

7 comments:

Alli H. said...

Well, first happy birthday Jarom. 3 is really special. Congratulations. Second, I would hit the food network website and look for everything that could have ice cream in it or be served cold so he can't tell the difference. I know they have some cold soups that could be served, and maybe some other stuff. That way he would think he is getting ice cream with every bite because it is cold.

spice2116 said...

maybe serve ice cream first and then serve dinner after?

Varney Family said...

I like the Ice cream first and dinner after idea...maybe have what you know is his favorite food on hand for when everyone is hungry an hour later :) our little boys are pretty smart huh?! Happy Birthday Jarom!

Anonymous said...

SERVE ICE CREAM-2 or 3 choices even!!! Forget "dinner". Your little pea-pod will only turn 3 once. He'll be sooooooo happy and your older kids will hit the kitchen later for something of more substance later, anyway.....or maybe a second helping of ice cream. Have fun!

Michele Bushman said...

Your blog cracks me up. What did you serve? I would serve ice-cream for his birthday.

The Young's said...

Just give me a call when you want to meet up. 602-680-0411. I'm running errands today, so I will be in and out of the house.

Sarah said...

Haha that is so funny. I would totally serve the ice cream. How often do you get to be a kid?