Friday, March 20, 2009

"rotten"

I know this may come as a surprise to some of you but I, Julie Ann Wright, am a bit spoiled. I blame this mainly on my daddy who spoiled me "rotten". So when I grew up and started searching for a beau I knew that I would only marry him if he, too, believed in spoiling one rotten (imparticularly, me!). I think I did pretty good. I mean, he's definitely not my daddy, but he'll do. I only say this because my batting of the eyelashes quit working on hubby a while ago and after 35 years they still work on good ol' dad. Hubby does still tend to "spoil me rotten" for Christmas and my Birthday though. My best friend from Cali always calls me on Christmas and says "alright, what'd you get this year?". Then she yells at her hubby because he didn't do as good as my dear hubby.
So you can see why I was a bit worried when hubby told me last week that he definitely wouldn't be home for my birthday. What?! This CANNOT be happening!! I need attention for my birthday!! I need to be pampered and spoiled!! There has got to be some mistake here!! As time drew closer to the dreaded day I prepared myself as best as I knew how. I reminded myself that there are many wives out there whose hubby's aren't home for their big days and they survive. I'm tough (supposed to be), I can do this. I will survive!!
Well, today was that dreaded day...the big three-five!! Yep, you read that right, 35!! I woke up and helped Jarom brush his teeth and somehow he got toothpaste in my eye. Yeah, it burned like no other. "Great, this is how my day is going to go" I thought. Then my visiting teachers came and took me to breakfast...oh so yummy and Village Inn gives a free slice of pie for your birthday so I got a free slice of pie for later....days not going so shabby after all. Came home and opened my card from mom and dad...sweet!!..money for that desperately needed haircut. Then, a knock at the door...who could it be? A delivery man with these in hand...
aawwww, even from afar, he made my day. And those wonderful neighbors I wrote about yesterday...yeah, they brought me these...
Then my dear ol' Father in law made me a WONDERFUL steak for dinner. Can you say Yummmmy!?!
Then we ate some scrumptious cake that my baby girl made me while I was at breakfast this morning. Guess my being spoiled isn't such a secret after all. Everyone came thru in my hubbys absence. Thanks Guys!! Where can I send him next year for my birthday?

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday despite Steve being out of town! Wish we weren't so far away. Happy Birthday Julie!! We love you!!!

Alli H. said...

Happy birthday Julie. I wish you all the greatest things this year and for many years to come.

Janalee said...

wow you are spoiled rotten - happy birthday, I'll join you in July. (turning 35)

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Julie! It sounds wonderful. Wish I could have had a baby today to make your birthday extra special (you know I would have done it just for you if I could have)!

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

spice2116 said...

so glad you had a super good birthday :)

Varney Family said...

Happy Birthday (late)! Sounds like it turned out fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are beautiful. Steven done good. You DESERVE to be spoiled!!!