Wednesday, March 26, 2008

2nd Birthday, 1st haircut

Jarom Michael Wright came into this world and brightened all of our lives 2 years ago today. He had very little hair when he was born and when it finally came in it was so blonde and curly that I just couldn't bring myself to cut it. However, he was beginning to look a little feminine so I decided to cut it on his 2nd birthday. My sweet little California boy was going in for a haircut!! So we started our day at Jamba Juice where Jarom got his choice of Jamba...he chose a Jarom size Citrus Squeeze (filled with over 300% rdv of Vitamin C and an immunity booster). Then we were off to get his hair cut. I really didn't want to go but by this time I had already told everyone I was going to cut his hair so I had to...I am not one to go back on my word. So off we went to SnipIts where they were anxiously awaiting our arrival with lollipops, animal cookies, bubbles and toys...still this was not enough to keep Jarom from letting them know he was unhappy about this haircut I had planned for him.The more he screamed, the faster they blew bubbles..it was quite comical. He pulled off the plastic tarp thing they put around your neck, tried to spit on them, and yelled OUCH!! OUCH!! while trying to pull off his seatbelt. Meanwhile, the girl just blew more and more bubbles...she was obviously full of hot air because her bubble blowing never quit...I would have quit after 10 minutes of unsuccessful bubble entertainment and sent the kid home but like the energizer bunny she just kept going and going and going until finally...he stopped.by this time, there was druel and tears soaking his shirt, lollipop all over his face, hair all over his shoulders and red swollen eyes...yet he still looked so cute!!

Once we left there, my day went down hill fast...I lost my wallet!! Actually, it was there that I discovered it missing. I couldn't even pay for the haircut...I had to leave them my camera as collateral and my friend had to go in and pay for me and get my camera back...thanks Michelle!! I went back to Jamba Juice...the only other place I had been and nothing was turned in to them. So I spent the rest of the day on the phone cancelling cards. Jarom, however, had a great day!! He played catch...

loved his cake...And when he was all worn out he rested with his new puppy...WHAT A LIFE!!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

He is so cute. I like his new haircut. So sorry you lost your wallet though...that is the worst.

To answer your question, Lindsey is my sister. She's nine years younger than me.

Alli H. said...

Oh Julie girl.

I am happy that Jarom got a hair cut. You are so brave to have it done. He looks great. What is not great is the wallet! That really is tough to have lost it. I can only imagine what was racing through your mind. I am so sorry about that.

Anyway, the up side is the puppy is quite cute and seems to really love Jarom. What a birthday gift.

Janalee said...

I know how heart-wrenching that first haircut is.

oh and I love how you spelled 'druel'.

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

snipits lol
i thought you were going to take him to cool cuts?

spice2116 said...

is it possible for jarom to get cuter everytime we see him. lol

he does look FABULOUS with his new haircut

did you find your wallet?

Anonymous said...

What a life INDEED! I think I'm caught up on your blogs for 2008 now. Thanks for sharing & keep 'em coming.