Sunday, April 13, 2008

Better Late than Never

I recently met a neighbor across the street who used to have a store in Mexico. She only speaks spanish and I, for the most part, only speak English so we have a little bit of a language barrier but I am sure she told me she still has a few pinatas left and she is selling them until they are gone. This got me thinking of when I was a kid and how we always had pinatas. I think only one of my kids has had one and I thought it would be nice to get one and let all of the nieces and nephews hit it. This is also a great excuse to have that 2nd birthday party that I have had trouble throwing due to different factors. So I did. We had Jaroms birthday party yesterday and although it was 2 weeks late it was lots of fun!!
Jarom loved hitting the pinata. He wasn't afraid or shy at all. The only issue he had was holding the bat. It was a little heavy for him.
After, multiple beatings, the pinata finally broke. I don't know who was more excited to get more candy...the kids or Uncle Toma.
Afterward, everyone grabbed a broken cone off of the pinata and wore them as hats...leave it to Steve to set this example for all of the kids.
Jarom got a cute little cake and we sang Happy Birthday.He chose NOT blow out the candles. So Steph had to help...
And to top off his night, he got to sit on the motorcycle!! This is all it took to make his night. Happy Birthday Jarom...we love you.

2 comments:

spice2116 said...

wow! that pinata is HUGE!!!

Alli H. said...

Happy belated birthday Jarom! What a fun time you must have had. That looked like so much fun. I am happy for your.