Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm officially old

Everyone has their own opinions about age and what is considered "old". I remember when my mom started going thru menopause and having hot flashes...this was old to her. My Dad felt like he was getting old when he could no longer keep up with his marines...so he retired. He said if a Sgt Major can't PT with his troops anymore then he shouldn't be their Sgt Major...he should just retire...so he did. My grandma Campos told me about 2 years ago that her Doctor wanted her to eat healthier...more fruits, veges, and juice...not so much meat and definitely not so much soda..."Grandma's getting old Mija" she said. My friend Diane thinks it's osteoporosis...Once you get that, you're old. Then there's my Grandma Krauss who finally admitted she was getting old when she had to move in with my parents. She said "I'm getting old Mija...I have to live with your mommy and daddy now". I think by that time she was already 92...Okay, so it took her a little longer than most to realize she was getting old!!
Well, my day came yesterday...I have always compared getting old to intolerance to milk. I don't know why. I guess I always noticed that most old people can't drink milk...it gives em the runs so I've been told. Well, not that I drink much milk anyways but lately when I do drink it, I get the worst stomach cramps ever!! This has been happening for the past couple of months. So I came to grips with it yesterday that I am lactose intolerant...or in other words...just getting old. How sad is that? Here I thought this wasn't something I would have to worry about it for a while. And to top it off...I found about 20 grey hairs on my head...I'm falling apart!!, going to heck in a handbasket!!, what's a girl to do??

4 comments:

spice2116 said...

you are so silly!!! i guess i got old way before you because i found i was lactose intolerant 3 months ago:P i still eat/drink it even though it makes me sick but with the new move i am going to do a cleanse and be done with it. cha right lol
and you are not old you are just that wild chick that likes to craft :p

Janalee said...

Hey, we're the same age so what is that saying.

Have you heard this quote?

"Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?"

I love it.

mother of seven said...

I found grey hairs about 6 months ago.. Franks says don't worry you've had them for awhile(don't worry I told him he is going bald)This is my year also..... The year I have to admit I have wrinkles...age spots, grey hairs... and cankles!!!!!
But I also must admit I have a great inner spirit. If I think I am young I must be right? Don't answer...... Cuz I believe it;)

Unknown said...

Another reason I know I'm old is because Danny says I'm using the word menopause way too much for his comfort. It's just because of all the reading I've been doing on osteoporosis - I'm learning some crazy stuff about diet - I'm driving my family (and anyone else who will listen)crazy. That's when you know you're old! btw, dairy is very bad for you anyway, I just read that.