Saturday, June 7, 2008

Who's pricing this stuff???

I went to the Goodwill today thinking it was 50% off day and it wasn't. I was so bummed because since baseball/softball season started I haven't gone. I'm always busy with some practice or game or party or something...so I was so excited that I was finally going to make it to a 50% off day and then it wasn't. I decided that if I had to be shopping though I may as well shop in Goodwill on a non 50% off day than any other store I might wander in to. I have really good luck there when it comes to Name Brand clothes for the kids so thought I would browse in there. I decided to check out all of the binders and notebooks because I have great organizational goals for the summer and I got some sheet protectors there for a steal recently. So I saw some notebook paper and thought.."cool, that will probably be really cheap" uhhhh, $1.99!!! what the...!! Okay, I'm not gettin that!!! Then I priced the binders...you know the 1" ones Wal-Mart sells for .97....uhhh, again $1.99!!! Who the crap is pricing this stuff?? Neiman Marcus!! Needless to say, I didn't walk out of there with anything and I feel like it was a big waste of time. Either that or I'm a cheapskate!! Maybe it's a little of both...all I know is I won't be buying any school supplies at the Goodwill. Not that I ever have but definitely not now!!

4 comments:

Janalee said...

yes! I've seen that overpriced crap there too. Do they think we're idiots?

mother of seven said...

I agree... but sometimes you hit the jackpot.

paula said...

Love 50% off Saturday. Brendon loves to buy his ties there, they have the coolest ones. He has a Star Wars one that is covetted at our house. Did you find any Scout pants? I didn't hear from you so assumed you had.

Ashley said...

Their prices have gone up. We used to go there all the time when we lived in Mesa. We stopped by while we were in town and I could tell a difference in price. Some of the clothes still have fairly decent prices though. I got a dress, skirt and shoes for $14 - at least it's better than the mall.

As for our house, it is a family with five kids and one on the way. They seem really nice and decent. We couldn't tell if they are members but we're thinking not. We could be wrong though. Hopefully they will treat it much better than the last people.

The Dexters really are so nice. It was great meeting them. Too bad they weren't our neighbors when we lived there.