Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!

These 2 wonderful people are the ones you have to thank for bringing me into this world!! They were married on this day 35 years ago!! And I came into the picture exactly 9 months and 3 days later (hmmmm, was that punishment or reward...I think sometimes they wonder). They are the perfect example of Trust, Commitment, Loyalty and most importantly, Love. My mother treats him like there is no one else in this world. And he treats her the exact same way. They wake up every morning, have their coffee together, feed the birds, watch the birds, he showers, she irons his clothes, he goes to work, she cleans the house (every square inch if it). When he comes home, she makes his dinner while he takes a brief nap and then they dine together. Now, on most nights, the phone rings and it is me on the other end interrupting their romantic dinner together but they get me off of the phone as quickly as possible and get back to their dinner. Then they watch TV together, eat a snack (usually ice cream) and off to bed. They just have these happy lives...they are honestly still IN LOVE! After all these years...I think it is awesome!! Don't get me wrong, they have had problems here and there too like every one but they are and always have been committed to one another and work thru things. As a matter of fact, I was a little bugged the other day when I asked my dad if he read one my blog entries and his reply was "Mija, I don't have time to read that blog...I like to spend all of my extra time with your mother"...Gee thanks Daddy...I love you too!! But honestly, Mom, Dad, you have been a great example to Steven and I...Thank you...and Happy 35th Anniversary !!

5 comments:

Janalee said...

So wait. Do you do your playlist to coincide with your posts or is it just a coincidence that "through the years" pops on with this anniversary post.

Also! MY parents just celebrated their 35th on the 12th. But I came along 13 mos later. Yet we still graduated in 1992. I guess it makes sense.

I didn't realize you had such happy in love parents, that's so cool and so rare.

Anonymous said...

I just had to write you a short note to tell you that I loved the tribute you made to your parents. What a special love they have. To know that your Dad spends all of his free time with your mother just touched my heart. She must always feel loved by him because he makes a special effort to help her feel so special. You are very lucky to have such a wonderful example of marriage. Wow. You are very blessed.

Julie said...

Hi jana...yes, I rearrange my music on my playlist to go with my post for the day...I know...I have no life!! But my dad seems to like it...and thats all that really matters...can you tell I'm a daddys girl??

mother of seven said...

You have adorable parents!!!!

How is your summer? I have little time for anything. you know how that goes. keep in touch!!!

spice2116 said...

hey!!! go check out this blog you will love it http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com/