Monday, June 30, 2008

the past 2 weeks...

Okay, so what haven't I done these past 2 weeks? First and foremost, my Josh came home from boot camp and AIT!!! It was so good to see him!! And after all this time, Jarom, who I still call the baby, did not forget him. The first night he was home Jarom only wanted him and wouldn't leave his side. We made a big sign on a sheet and hung it on our garage and then we had signs on posterboard and Steph and Julia held them up at the airport...his arrival was anything but discrete!!
Much to my surprise, my parents showed up the night before Josh got home. I was sitting at one of Stephs All-Star games and they just popped up right behind me. I was so surprised!! So they were here until Saturday. And when mama's here Julie doesn't spend any time on the computer which explains my lack of posts. Don't get me wrong, I had nightly withdrawals and I longed for my fingers to be tapping the keyboard but my mother is a no nonsense kind of woman. She believes that the man should have dinner right when he walks through the door of his spotless home and so we work all the live long day!!! She also believes that one should go to bed in a spotless home so that they can wake up to a pleasantly clean home. And when we were not cleaning, we were doing her 2nd favorite thing....shopping!! Now I don't mind this pasttime at all!! Steven officically thanked her for buying me my 72nd pair of shoes (no, I don't really own this many...but I can no longer close my closet because there are so many shoes in there) and for my daughters wardrobe which now exceeds Jackie Kennedy's.
We had fun!! It was great!! I miss her already, however, I am happy to be back in my world of blog!!
Sorry for the lack of pics...hubbys out of town with my camera and my memory card from Josh's homecoming!!

4 comments:

spice2116 said...

I was wondering where you were, glad you are still alive :p

mother of seven said...

I was worried...glad to hear all is well:)

I can't wait to see pics....

Alison said...

I dont know what to say but i just wanted to finally comment something of yours. i look at your blog like everyday to see if theres something new. well hi. bye:D

Leslie said...

Wow - I wondered where you went. I tried calling several times too. Glad everything is ok :o)

Greedy - We didn't even know Josh was coming home and would have liked to see him...poor kid probably thinks we're not proud of him and don't love him anymore. We would have gladly made the drive into town. :o( boo hoo