Friday, July 11, 2008

I hope you Dance

When one gives birth to a child they envision many things...have many dreams, goals and aspirations for this child...and though this is true with boys there are just some things you feel stronger about with the birth of a girl. There are certain things a girl needs or doesn't need...they need protection, they need security...they do not need their hearts broken and they do not need to cry. And if anyone does these things to a girl, especially if it is the girl you brought into this world, you just know you will severely hurt them. There is just something about a girl that does this to you. So todays song is just for Steph...I swear the writer wrote it just for her from me. The first thing that popped in my mind the very 1st time I heard this song was my baby girl. At the time it came out she was only 2 or 3. But my every wish, my every dream, my every hope, my every prayer I had for her was in the words of this song. I mean, who doesn't want these things for their daughter. I want her to never be afraid to experience the beautiful things in life but never think she is greater than them. I want her to know that just because some things may not end up how you like doesn't mean you shouldn't try them. I want her to live life to its fullest but not be naive about it. I want her to know that I want the world for her. I love you Steph and I hope you Dance!!!

3 comments:

mother of seven said...

What a perfect song. I know what you mean:)

paula said...

We love our boys, but girls, well there is something unwritten about that bond we share. Lovely tribute to a beautiful girl.

Unknown said...

What a neat idea, I can't wait to see what's up for Jared. I've always loved that song, too, may I borrow it for Alison?