Friday, July 25, 2008

We're going hiking!!

So last night, my hubby tells us all that we need to go to bed because we were going hiking in the morning. Uuuhhhhh, what did you just say? Hiking? Did you forget that we live in Arizona and that my car thermostat registered at 113 the other night? Yes, I said NIGHT which means it was hotter in the daytime. Yeah, he said...we're going hiking. Great!! I mumbled to myself. The kids were ecstatic!! They all rushed off to bed. I on the other hand stayed up watching Nancy Grace til 1 not really thinking he would get us up to go hiking and lo and behold...he did. Now he was nice and let us sleep until 8:15 or 8:30 but still...It's July for goodness sake!! We live in the desert!! By 8:30 it's too hot for even the snakes and the scorpions!! So we got all dressed up in our best hiking wear and left. He had planned this with another family and when we got there I find out that the woman of the home would not be joining us!! Excuse me? I got all ready for a hike I don't really want to go on and Jana isn't joining us? I Dont think so!! I will stay here. Why do I want to go with 2 men and 10 kids if I really dont have to? After getting a little bugged with me, Steve did let me stay...he took all of the kids though. I was shocked...not that he took the kids but that Jarom (the baby) did the hike too. Not that it was a major one but he hiked South Mountain. I haven't even done that!! Oh well, whats so great about a hike anyways? Oh, I know...the peace I get at home while their gone!!

1 comment:

Janalee said...

yeah, that peace was too short wasn't it? We should boot them out the door to hike every Saturday morning.