Sunday, August 24, 2008

I don't have a complex

So I have some friends that I have not seen in over 15 years. Not many, but some. Recently, I sent my blog address to them and periodically they leave me some feedback on whatever it is I post about. Well, let me start by saying, never in my adult life have I dyed my hair. Well, my sister in law put some auburn/reddish highlights in it once but I mean, nothing major...and it was gone within a couple of months. So I consider my hair, virgin hair. This is something I have been very proud of as I always get compliments on how healthy my hair is. Well, this morning I got up all happy and cheerful and in a great mood when suddenly, my phone rang. I looked to see who it was and it was my friend Melinda from TX (one of those that I haven't seen in many, many years). I answered it in my usual chipper voice and this is what I hear on the other end..."I hate the hair!! You need to go back to your natural color!!" What?! "This is my natural hair color!! What the he__ are you talking about?" After much laughter and her not believing me she said "Oh, sorry, it just looks so dark!! It looks jet black. I was wondering why you would do that to yourself. Maybe it's just the coloring on my computer". She was referring to my last post "bored" where I decided to be brave and let all of my friends see a recent pic of me. I don't post too many pics of myself on my blog. Well, now you know why!! So after 34 years of virgin hair I am beginning to wonder...should I have been dying it all these years? Is my dear friend right? Is my hair too dark? Thanks Mel!!! Just what I wanted to do all weekend...wonder if I truly look like a freak?!?

6 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

oh and i tried adding elliot and kim because she said she would tell me when she had a blog and DIDN"T lol
but its private...
can you tell her to add me please :)
thank you!
aimeejensen87@Hotmail.com

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

it doesn't look fake and im a professional :)

Janalee said...

I like the shiny jet black.

mother of seven said...

What was the last thing I said to you?....
It was love the hair!!!! I still do...

Maybe there is a reason why you do not talk to her much?

Thats what I think:)

paula said...

Wow, never dyed. Be thankful no little grey strays have found their way to your hair.

I like your hair just as it is, but more important is that you like it. Keep it and be glad you don't need a dye job, cuz once you start, it is very hard to stop and go back.

Unknown said...

I just think that was a strange way to start a phone conversation with someone you haven't talked to in a long time, hmmm? I also think that no one can judge much from that picture because your hair is shadowed and looks even darker than it is (which doesn't matter cuz it always looks beautiful). I also think you can't complain about the weird people in your life cuz they are constant blog material, what would you do without them?