Sunday, August 31, 2008

Scale

If I could only see the scale,

I'm sure that it would state

That I've lost ounces...maybe pounds

Or even tons of weight.

"You'd better eat some pancakes-

You're skinny as a rail."

I'm sure that's what the scale would say...

If I could see the scale.

My father and mother in law came over for dinner tonight. We had tacos...we love tacos!! Aside from my suffering from allergies, we had a great time. We ate yummy ice cream and the kids just cracked us up. After our company left, Steve and the kids and I sat around in the living room and took turns reading poems from "Falling Up" by Shel Silverstein. I have loved that series of books since I was in about 4th grade. So we all took turns reading our favorite poems to the rest of the family and I read one of my favorites...coming from me, it makes the kids giggle every time...I mean, if the shoe fits...read it like you wrote it, right?!! And after all that we ate, this is truly how I felt tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great bathroom book. my allergies have been kickin my a$$, too. I was in bed today until 5 I think. I've been yucky since Friday. Allergies suk! gotta go, my hubby got me some tortilla soup. smootches.

spice2116 said...

lol is there a reason you posted this twice? just some extra emphasis on the scale lol :p

paula said...

What a fun thing to do? I will have to remember that one. I love tacos too. How do you make your meat?