Thursday, August 7, 2008

Meet the teacher

Every year, at around this time, we attend this wonderful event called "Meet the Teacher". For those who homeschool or have no kids, this is where you go in and meet the poor unfortunate soul (otherwise known as their teacher) who will have to deal with your child for the next 9 months. Of course, she greets all the parents and students as they walk in the door and introduces herself to everyone, convincing us all how excited she is to have our children in her class and how she just can't wait to get to know them. Of course, all of us parents are happy to meet her as she is the one who will get these little hoodlums off of our backs in the near future. Now keep in mind that by the middle of the year, she can't stand your kids and wonders who could have given birth to such wild animals and by the end of the year, she is back to loving them...only because she is almost rid of them.
Well, tonight was our "meet the teacher". And I sat there in that classroom as I do every year wondering if I should forewarn her of my little hellion and advise her to prepare herself for the worst year of her life. Should I tell her that she will cringe every time she see's him walk thru the door?Should I tell her that the best part of her day will be when she says bye to him? Should I tell her that she and I will know eachother VERY well by the 3rd week of school due to all of the phone calls? I wondered if I should ruin her evening with that news or just let her find out on her own...naaaa, she can figure it out for herself. Thats what she signed up for right? She'll know soon enough. Until then, I'll sit here and wonder why anyone in their right mind would want to do that to themselves year after year.

5 comments:

spice2116 said...

love the music playing lol you are hilarious kids always tend to do well for other people i thought but who knows just a little excitement make the year better

Anonymous said...

Thats the funniest thing I've read in a long time...so true.

Bianca said...

Do parents HAVE to meet their childrens teachers? I don't think that's something I ever want to do.
I don't like teachers.
Geeze, I hope my kids don't have my attitude!

Unknown said...

I am guessing, and I'm sure you already know, that jr high is the end of that lovely parent/teacher relationship thing. Now the only teachers I'll actually know are the ones that have a problem with my angel. I'm already having withdrawal symptoms.

Anonymous said...

that was hilarious!! And no, never forewarn the teacher. Always let her find out on her own. It is what she signed up for.