Friday, August 1, 2008

QT

When we moved back to this desert in 2003, we couldn't have come at a hotter time. We got here on June 2nd and I have to admit...it was a little warm out. I had been here since March but the rest of the fam was just getting here from San Antonio and they weren't quite used to this "dry heat". They moaned and groaned and swam...and moaned and groaned and swam some more. And in between moans and groans we would hit Sonic (during their happy hour) for some slushes. But every so often, actually, very frequently the slushes were like water when we'd get them and this was due to the heat and amounts they sold I'm sure. And just when we had lost all hope on ever having good frozen drinks at a reasonable price again we found a QT. Never before had we heard of this "Beverage heaven" but we LOVED it!! Their drinks are so colorful, so refreshing and so cheap. And whoa Nelly, is there a variety!! Something there for everyones pallet. And this is what puts the color in my kitchen all summer long. ahhhh, Cheap Thrills!!

3 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

My husband LOVES!!!!
LOL

Bianca said...

This was quite a phenomenon when I was in college. Especially when they started their grand opening special - buy the mug, get refills for free. One of my friends gained 20 lbs. No joke. So when I met Mike, I was thrilled that he loved QT slushies as much as I did. My fav; rooster booster, white cherry, and blue raspeberry in that order. Mike's fav; watermelon, white cherry, blue raspberry.

Shannon said...

I love QT too. Grewup on it. No QTs here in Austin. :(:( Depressing!