Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nobody's Perfect

More OFTEN than not, in this wonderful world of blog, we run across the picture perfect families. You know, the ones who have the perfect husbands, the kids who can do no wrong, the home straight out of Better Homes and Garden, the best jobs, $200 hairdo's, the nicest cars, etc. I mean, sometimes I have to check who's blog I'm on in fear that I accidentally stumbled upon a rerun of Leave it to Beaver or The Brady Bunch. C'mon peeps, we all know there's a story behind that cover!! And I'm not saying we all need to air out our dirty laundry but let's keep it real!! I hope that no one is thinking to themselves how negative or pessimistic I am as anyone who has spent any time with me knows that I am not. I just get so sick of everyone trying to impress or outdo everyone else. Life is NOT all about appearance!! I hope that I have not left a "fake" taste in your mouths when reading my blog and that you all know who I really am. So let me start by listing a couple of my "not so perfect" ways.

~I LOVE (am addicted to) the Young and the Restless

~I don't like going to Sunday school...It puts me to sleep

~I like confrontation...I don't look for it but I like it!!

~I don't like singing at church..everyone else seems to sing so much better than me

~I LOVE Relief Society (probably because we eat chocolate in there)...(I know, that's not a flaw, just thought I would throw it in there)!! sorry

~I don't like housework (I despise it)

~I LOVE Coca Cola (Steve calls it getting my fix...says I'm a feen)

~I don't like my calling (I can't believe I just admitted that to the world but I don't)

~I love watching boxing or UFC (violence isn't the answer, I know, but it sure is entertaining, my SIL and I love to watch it)

~I don't like going to my kids band and chorus concerts..I love to watch them perform but I hate sitting thru everyone else's kids!!

~I enjoy blogging way too much (thanks Jana)

~I am not a temple recommend holder, nor have I ever been, but I feel good about saying that knowing that I am at least honest with myself, my bishop and my Heavenly Father as opposed to holding one and not being honest in all my dealings and holding one anyways.

~I curse way too much (especially in the car) but this is a flaw I am trying really hard to work on. And I think I'm improving!!

Wow, that felt good!! And I am sorry if you don't want to associate yourselves with me anymore but hey, at least I'm honest!! And I would do anything for anybody!!(except kill a bug) I hope you all know that with me, what you see is what you get!! All 200+ pounds of me!! (oh, don't act like you didn't think I was that fat!!)
Keepin it real,
Julie

6 comments:

Darin said...

AMEN! It's too bad that not everyone can be that honest and true to themselves. By the way, humility is another perfect attribute of those seemingly perfect people :)

spice2116 said...

you are FREAKIN' hilarious!!!! and of course everyone that reads that are going to wonder if you are talking about them :p but i so know you are not talking about me LOL i am glad you are human and i am more importantly glad to call you my friend

Alli H. said...

That's my girl. It is about time someone said all of the things that you said.
I am that free in person when I trust someone, and I admire you for being that free in cyberspace. You are an inspiration.

Keep it real girl!

Widdison Warbler said...

AMEN SISTA! ha ha I agree with everything you said! Will the real "blogger" please stand up! I'm tired of the fake people out there. Live is not as perfect as you claim it to be people! ha ha

Unknown said...

Maybe it's just in my little world but it seems that women feel a bit more free to be themselves, defects and all. Maybe it's just that we gravitate to people like ourselves= perfectly happy being imperfect. That's why you have sooooo many friends.

mother of seven said...

I knew I loved you!!!!