Friday, October 24, 2008

Any Suggestions?

Every year I tell myself I won't wait until the last minute to get the kids Halloween costumes and every year 2 days before Halloween I'm scrambling to find something. To be quite honest, I just can't see spending that much on a costume that they will wear once, maybe twice. And if I buy it too far in advance my kids would change their minds before Halloween as to what they want to be and not be happy with their costumes anyways (because they're brats like that). These pics are what we came up with the day before Halloween last year. I didn't think we did that bad for last minute items. This year is no different...here we are a week before Halloween and they have no costumes. None of them are complaining yet though as this is the norm for them and they know mom will come thru as she always does (because in their eyes, I'm still a hero). But mom is stumped...Any ideas? Please!! Help!! And make sure it's cheap as we are poor and jobless!! Yes, you heard right...poor and jobless!! But don't tell anyone..it'll give em something to gossip about!! And we don't want to contribute to that...do we?

4 comments:

spice2116 said...

umm why are you jobless

Alishia said...

I found your blog. It was fun to read about you guys! Except for the post about your first Sunday in Relief Society. Just remember that I was in Nursery taking care of Jarom. I hope that wins me a few brownie points. We really are a great ward, give us a chance and you'll see!!

As far as Halloween goes, the only thought that came to mind was inspired by my son, Dalin's, school teacher. She is dressing up as an ASU fan. Wearing ASU clothes, painting her face, wearing her big #1 hand, and her pom pom. Obviously, you are football fans, so I thought your kids (or even the whole family) could pick a team and dress up as crazy fans. I bet you have team shirts or even jerseys and all you'd need is a little paint for your face. Cheap, easy, and maybe appealing to your kids?? Just a thought.

Cindy Spratling said...

We miss your family! I was just getting to know you :) I love that your room is so purple. I know you hate it, but it's so colorful! When we were little my mom would take us to DI or Good will and we would just rummage through stuff and make up a costume, like a golfer, a hippy, a grandma, etc. Cheap and creative. Good luck! Or, you could all be smurfs. But maybe your kids are too young to know who they are.

Beeswax said...

Hey, I do the same thing. Am not a big fan of this holiday! I've got lots of little boys costumes if you want to borrow. My kids, of course, aren't interested in wearing any of them. Ross won't wear the red ninja costume because he wants to branch out and be a white ninja.