Saturday, October 11, 2008

another adventure...this time to Banner

Wow!! It's been a while since I last posted. Here's whats been going on. On Monday, 9-29-08, I went to the ER with sharp, severe pain whenever I would breathe in. I got all checked in and while sitting in the waiting room decided to mingle with the fellow patients (big surprise, huh?). Well, after I heard that one lady had been there 6 hours and another guy had been there 7, I took it upon myself to check out of there. Big Mistake!! The pain never went away and by Friday, it was unbearable. Since our older kids weren't home, Steve decided to stay home with the kids and I drove myself back to the ER. By the time I got there I couldn't breathe and had severe pain. They immediately hooked me up to an EKG and when they saw that my heart was healthy as a horse they did some x-rays and catscans (one of my chest and one of my stomach). They found fluid in my lungs and admitted me for Pneumonia. The next morning when my doc came in he said after further inspecting the catscan and x-ray, he saw a white spot on my lung and thought I might have valley fever....uhhh, what? I didn't know people really got that anymore!! Anyways, the tests came back negative for valley fever and they released me late Tuesday night. I felt fine after walking out of there but since Thursday I have been in great pain and know not what to do!! I really can't go back in the hospital. We are in the middle of moving and Steve could really use my help. On the other hand, my kids could really use a living mom and not an expired one. We'll see...and if you don't see me posting for a while again, you'll know where I am. I have a few stories from my lovely stay at Banner Desert but it will have to wait. I'm tired and I can't breathe. Love to all!!

5 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

Josh just said he would be happy to help you guys move if you need any!
where are you moving too?
you won't be in the ward anymore :(

spice2116 said...

where are you moving too?!! so sorry to hear about the hard breathing part i definitely have a hard time with that tooo but i just sit down and it calm down a little good luck and i hope it goes away

Cindy Spratling said...

What!? Crazy-ness! Please call me if you need anything. I would be happy to take Jarom for you. We will miss Jared in scouts!

Alli H. said...

Sweet Julie I am so sorry that you are ill. My heart is hurting for you right now. I know what it is like. Believe me. My prayers are with you often and you are always in my thoughts. When you are able I am around .

Lots of hugs

mother of seven said...

BTW yes you can get valley fever!!! My did did get it and it is a pain!!!

I will talk to you tomorrow....neighbor!!