Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas at the Wrights

My parents came to town last Saturday. We've been doing nothing but shopping and eating!! Christmas was great (other than the fact that my kids were up before 6)!! Santa was good to me. I got a KitchenAid...I was so happy. I have wanted one for years!! So I literally spent all day baking. I made AWESOME Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. Then I made dinner rolls...can you say yummy!!!?? Then I made Cinnamon Rolls. I made tons of cinnamon rolls!! I made the mistake of making them and delivering them without first trying them to make sure they were okay. When I got home after all of my deliveries I tried them and much to my surprise, I did NOT like them...not one bit!! Sorry Pioneer Woman but that recipe is not all you made it out to be!! I mean, they were okay but I definitely would not have delivered them knowing they weren't mouth watering good. Sorry neighbors for delivering unimpressive cinnamon rolls...the cookies were great though and most of my neighbors got those too.
The kids all got what they wanted so they wore smiles on their little faces all day which is what mama likes to see.
Steph got a straightening iron...zebra print!! Justin got his finger football game...NFL and Chargers logo'd Jared got the bike he wanted...named just for him...the "rebel". And lastly, Jarom got a basketball hoop...he loved it!! played all day...practicing to be the next San Antonio Spur!! By the way, did you see them beat the Suns? It was great!! Hope yours was great too!! Won't be posting much next week as I tend not to get on the computer too much when mama's here. By the way, what time were your kids up??

4 comments:

Jolene said...

We LOVED the cinnamon rolls! Don't you worry about that! They were gone in no time.

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. Our kids were up at 5:00!

Anonymous said...

we are usually up within the 6:00 hour. I'm always shocked when people say they mosey in around 9:00 ish. Where's the Christmas excitement?!

Anonymous said...

oh and Steve was bragging about you making all that stuff too. He's quite proud of his bakerly-homemakerly little wife.

Unknown said...

We went to my Mom's at Casa Grande where my brother and his 4 kids were. Ali and the 2 youngest stayed at my mom's and the rest of us stayed at their "2nd house" so I don't know what time the kids hit the stockings but the rest of us moseyed over at 8am! That's what can happen as everyone gets older I guess. Then we had to wait for the other brother so didn't open presents til 9:30! We were all a bit antsy by then. Glad you all had a nice Christmas! PS --- see what happens when you don't live in the same hood anymore!!!?? No goodies from the bakerly-homemakerly Julie!