Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lazy Bums!!

This morning I woke the kids as I always do. Steeeepppphhh, Jaaaaareeed, time to wake up. They moaned a little and told me they were cold. Then they each gave me their daily list of ailments that should prevent them from going to school. This morning, Stephs throat hurt her and Jared had a headache and his stomach hurt. "Alright" I said. "get dressed..you'll forget all about it once you're there and with your friends". Of course, they forgot about it before they were even out of my room and that was that. "Dont forget to brush your teeth guys!!" "Oh and Steph, don't forget to take your Advair!!" Then I went on to do my own morning routine of getting dressed, picking Jaroms outfit out for the day and brushing my teeth. I woke Jarom who was also not in the mood to get up. I went on about my business when I stopped...took a long listen...and much to my surprise, heard nothing. No fighting amongst the 3rd and 6th grader, no little feet running in the upstairs hall, no cries for mom. "something's wrong here" I thought. This is not how my house is supposed to sound in the morning!! There should be noise...and lots of it!! When I went to see what they were all up to, this is what I found....
Lazy Bums!! Their just like their father!! (By the way, can you totally tell, Jarom was fakin' it?)

No comments: