Saturday, December 6, 2008

heaters anyone?

So has anyone started using their heaters yet? I haven't. I try to hold out as long as possible (you know, cause I'm cheap). But every morning when I get out of the shower I wonder if my cheapness is worth all of my cold, frigid, wet, suffering. Then, I think, we live in Arizona for goodness sake!! You're not supposed to use your heater in Arizona!! I mean, isn't that why we have so many freakin' snowbirds here(who by the way, bring out the worst in me when I'm driving)...because we have the perfect weather? Then, I think of my relatives in Texas who are already suffering below freezing temperatures and think "be tough Julie!! This is nothing!!" all the while scraping what has now formed to be icicles off of my fingernails and eyelashes.
So tell me...am I wimp? Are you using your heaters yet? Can I start using mine? Jana, what would you do? You know, because you are my role model and all?

12 comments:

mother of seven said...

I am a no on the heaters!!!! I spend a small fortune to cool the house all summer. Frank loves a cool house in the summer. It kills me to heat it!!!! BUT when I get out of the shower I think ... Maybe a small space heater?

PS I miss you ....

Julie said...

hey good idea!! I have a small space heater...I knew there was a reason I loved you Jodi!!

Shannon said...

We haven't turned on the heater yet! It is very tempting today! I love my eletric blanket! My family back east think I am crazy to have one!

Jolene said...

We haven't used ours yet but I have left the oven open after baking something a few times. It has to get really cold before we finally cave!

Bianca said...

We keep the heater on for James. Heating costs really aren't a lot of money compared to cooling costs. It's definitely worth it keeping it at least a degree or two warmer.

Janalee said...

we just turned ours on this weekend. I HATE being cold, but like to put it off at least till december if we can.

Unknown said...

Ours has been "on" for two weeks, but ONLY because we have little babies living here who don't seem to have warm enough jammies. It's only been the last few days, though, when it's actually come on (I keep it turned low til their mom begs). I am thinking about a space heater in the bathroom.... don't tell her.

Cindy Spratling said...

NEVER! We just moved here from ID, and this is NOT cold. You're right... you just need to be tough. But I agree with the first comment... just use a space heater for when you get out of the shower.

Heather said...

I have had ours set. It has only came on a couple of times. Yes, I am a true arizonan! It is hard for me too after a shower. Our bedroom is the coldest room in the winter.

The Weights said...

Hey Julie! I told you I would find your blog. I'm so glad you are a fellow blogger, It will definitely help me get to know you better. Once I get this baby out of me and I'm settled in we should get together at the park, and Olivia and Jarom can play.
Oh and we haven't turned on our heater yet either, but with a newborn coming I think we will have to. It was nice having a cheap electric bill while it lasted!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!

We've gone from AC to heat here in Texas. I keep my heat low and my AC up high though since my bill evens out. It has been chilly here in Austin though...then it gets up in the 70s-80s so it varies. Hope all is going well with you.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Above From Laura in TExas