Friday, January 2, 2009

Martha is your friend!!

I have to admit that I've never really been a big fan of Martha Stewart. Even before her sentencing I never paid much attention to her. She is very talented yes, but I could never really stand the way she talked. Anyways, on Thanksgiving I was desperately searching for a dinner roll recipe and remembered Bianca had recently bragged about one of her recipes so I visited her website (marthastewart.com). Oh my gosh, they were the best rolls!! I've since been back to look up a few other recipes. She doesn't have everything on there but she does have a good variety. Anyways, tonight I made the BEST banana bread ever!!...courtesy of...Martha herself!! I have a pretty good recipe that I've used for years but it calls for milk and oil...Martha's called for butter instead of oil and sour cream, no milk...I wasn't sure about the sour cream at first but I have to admit...I loved it!! This was absolutely the softest, moistest (is that a word?) banana bread I have ever had. Next time your looking for a recipe I highly recommend Martha...she is your friend!!

2 comments:

spice2116 said...

glad you are putting that kitchen aid to work. i will have to go check out the recipes

Unknown said...

Always happy to have a new recipe website - thanks for being my hero (again).