Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What a twirp!!

So, If I live in Arizona, am I allowed to complain about the weather? Because I am freakin' FREEZING!! I swear it was just 80 degrees a couple of days ago...I woke up this morning and it was 39 degrees. What is this world coming to?!

In other news, Josh came over tonight. Our conversation was as follows...
Mom, I sold my camera.

Ummm, excuse me?!! You did not just say what I think you said!!

I sold my camera...I don't know why you're getting mad. You didn't buy it for me.

I don't care if I bought it for you or not!! Why in the heck would you sell a camera that you paid X amount of dollars for?!

I needed the money...I'm poor. But I brought you this (as he pulls out a lens that I've really been wanting AND a flash).

Alright, you're forgiven.

Not 10 minutes later we begin talking about his wedding.

Don't you just love Julia mom?

Yes son, I do. She's great. I just hope you guys aren't making a mistake getting married this young.

Mom, you know I've always tried to grow up faster than I should.

Exactly!! But this time, there's no turning back son...just make sure it is what you really want.

It is mom...I've loved Julia for years. And I don't care what anyone says..we ARE getting married!!


What a twirp!! You'd think I'd know by now that he's going to do what HE wants to do!!

Man, I love that kid!!

2 comments:

Alli H. said...

Well, I don't know what's more special. The fact that Josh got that gift for you or that you two have such a loving relationship.

You are very blessed.

Give him my best.

Janalee said...

yes! I've been so cold these last 2 days, what the heck? I mean it's a winter's day in january. but still.

PS everyone, Art and the kids, loved your dream. It was our breakfast table conversation as we all tried to think of all the Kristies we knew.