Saturday, January 24, 2009

Phlebotomy class and Preparation H

Phlebotomy class is over...I made it!! In 8 days, this arm was poked 19 times!!
yes, there is a little bruising but it could be ALOT worse. We were told on the first day to go out and buy some Preparation H. The instructor said that it helps with the healing process and your bruising, if any, would be minimal. She advised us that we HAD to rub it on every day after we were done with our draws for the day and that if we did, our arms, would be alot less bruised than if we didn't use it. Unlike most of the people in my class I bought it. And as instructed, I rubbed it on EVERY day. And I do have to say that my arms look so much better than others in my class who chose not to use it. Yes, there is little bruising but there were some people in my class whose arms had golf ball size bruises. So for future reference, if you are a bruiser, next time you have your blood drawn, rub some preparation H on it when you get home...it'll work!! Sounds silly I know but after 19 draws, 16 of them being in the same vein, same spot...I'm a believer

11 comments:

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

gross. i would have passed out ALL times lol

Jolene said...

I loved your comment the other night about looking like a junkie. You are a very brave soul! I want to know what they told you to do with the fainters like me. Did they teach you some special skills to deal with us babies?

Jolene said...

I loved your comment the other night about looking like a junkie. You are a very brave soul! I want to know what they told you to do with the fainters like me. Did they teach you some special skills to deal with us babies?

Alli H. said...

Congratulations on passing your class. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to hear what your next step is.

CONGRATULATIONS GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!

Kate said...

Congrats! As someone also in the medical field, I can appreciate the effort you had put into your education. I give you MAD props to for doing it in the HUMAN medecine field. I am a veterinary technician, and love every thing about it. (poop included!) I wonder if the preperation H works with reducing hematomas on animals too. hmmmmmm.

spice2116 said...

so glad thats over with!!! what is the next class?

Varney Family said...

Congrats! Thanks for the tip..I'm a bruiser so I'll try it and let you know:)

paula said...

You survived, the jury is still out on the arm. Good work!

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing (and starting!) your BLOOD class - I'm sooo proud of you. I'm not sure my brain could still learn things at my advanced age. So what now!?

Heather said...

Congrats! Glad you made it through all those pokes!!!

Widdison Warbler said...

Brooke wants to go to nursing school. Any advice on where to go? She went to one today and it was a 3 year waiting list!@!!!