Thursday, January 1, 2009

Just

I went to Target today. I love Target. My mother told me that Febreze makes a plug in now and that they smell really good so I went to smell them. While there I noticed that Febreze also makes a candle and their Christmas scents just happened to be on clearance. They were normally $6, on clearance for $2.98 and I had a $2 off coupon making them 98 cents each. I got 5 since I had 5 of the $2 off coupons. They smell awesome!! I love a great deal!!We made Tamales yesterday for New Years Eve. This has been a tradition of ours for years now. We always make tamales for New Years instead of Christmas. My Dobson Ward friends love them. This is the first year they won't get them. I only had 3 people to give them to here in my new hood which means for more for us!! I love Tamales.

Justin busted out the new Kitchen Aid and made a batch of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies tonight while the rest of the gang watched a movie. They were awesome!! I have a feeling that if we're not careful that Kitchen Aid will be very dangerous to our aspiring healthy, slender physiques. Speaking of physiques, I lost 24 pounds from July to the end of December. I am hoping to keep going this year. We'll see though. I'm not crossing my fingers. Happy New Years!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got to partake of those tamales yesterday, I ate 4. Art wouldn't cause they're pork and he doesn't believe in pork. The kids ate them too. REally good.

spice2116 said...

man, i wish we could have some of your yummy tamales!!! can you mail them :p

Leslie said...

Yeah uh I need to come over and help make those tamales or at least watch so this greengo (ha ha) can enjoy her favorite food.

Like the post about good ole Martha too. She does have some dang good recipes. :o)

Way to go on losing the weight that is awesome! Don't limit yourself you probably don't give yourself enough credit and you can easily use mind over cravings. If there is one thing I know forsure is that you can do anything you put your mind too. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Congrats! My goal this year is to cook and eat more healthy. Holidays don't count so just ignore whatever happened over the last two weeks and keep up the good work!