Thursday, February 5, 2009

12

Steph turned 12 today. I can't believe it!! She's outgrowing her childhood much too fast. I don't know why but I made this ridiculous agreement with her many years ago that she could wear makeup when she turned 12. I probably made it with her thinking that she would forget...but she hasn't. Might I suggest NEVER making a promise like this with your own little girls..because one day they will grow up and hold you to your promise. Oh, I know why I made this silly agreement with her...because in our old ward all of the girls were allowed to start wearing make up at 12 but I haven't seen that trend here in our new ward. Regrets, regrets!! So I made a rule...NO EYELINER!! (below the eye) This omits the dark eye look...I hope. Any other tips? I could really use some.
As usual, family came over for cake and ice cream and she got to open her gifts from the fam. She got lots of $$, some jewelry, some clothes, and granny in Tx made her the cutest apron. It is pink and brown polka dots and soooo cute...and when she tried it on and put her hands in the pocket, she got more $$. Wish I had that kind of luck!!

8 comments:

Alli H. said...

Happy birthday Stephanie. I hope that as you grow older you will continue to remember what a doll of a mother you have. Learn from her positive examples and from her strength and determination. She is a true example of the lovely lady you will grow up to become.

Jolene said...

Happy Birthday to Stephanie! We are so glad you guys moved here! I know you miss your old ward and old friends but we love you.

BTW - with my girls - when they turned 12 I let them wear a little makeup. We started with clear mascara, lip gloss and a little bit of blush in a very neutral shade. Neither one of them wears much still - no foundation, no eyeshadow and eyeliner on the top lid only. Stephanie is beautiful the way she is - she doesn't need much.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Steph! We are right behind you. The makeup thing scares me too. Sierrah hasn't mentioned anything, she has a couple more months.
Stephanie is a sweet girl!

Michele Bushman said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!! How exciting to go into young women's.
We miss seeing you every Sunday. Your new ward is lucky to have you.

Varney Family said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!! She is such a sweetheart and I love having her in class.

Cindy Spratling said...

good luck with the make-up thing. good idea on the no eye liner on the bottom lid thing. she is so beautiful without makeup, but i remember wanting to wear it at that age too. what a dun age!

Anonymous said...

she's just a beauty

Unknown said...

So glad Alison got to share in the big birthday, it was fun to see you.
You know we've struggled with this makeup thing. Our rule is no eyeliner but I can't believe how many times it sneaks on (usually when she's at a friend's house). Just today I told her if I see it again she won't be able to wear mascara. Arggghhhh!