Monday, February 23, 2009

Who's Damian?

For about a year now, Jarom has talked about his friend Damian. Sometimes he'll tell us he wants to go play with Damian. Other times, he'll be playing basketball alone and he tells me he's playing with Damian. When he picks up the phone, he's calling Damian. Whenever something gets broken, Damian did it. At first we thought he was talking about my friend Jana's son because his name is Damian and when this all started we had just seen their family and he was just getting to that social stage. Every time we would say we were going to Jana's he would get so excited to go see Damian. It's actually quite funny though because whenever they would see each other they never even played together which always made me wonder why he was so excited to go see him. Well, it's been quite a while since we've seen them and he still only speaks of Damian. He can't possibly remember him. It's been like 4 months!! So what do you think? Does he remember Damian and just pretending to play with him or is Damian an imaginary friend? If so that's kind of freaky...none of my kids have ever had imaginary friends!! Should I be calling a shrink?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of my boys had imaginary friends. Far as I can tell they are normal, lol. They grow out of it. It is freaky, but I wouldn't worry. ;)

spice2116 said...

you would be surprised at what kids remember. :) i think he remembers jana's little boy.

the baby shower was in new mexico dont think it would be too safe for me to travel right now hahahaha. i have been sort of whats the word anti computer lately, weird huh, i just get on to read the emails and then get off. life has been good just waiting for sam to come out.

how have you been?

Varney Family said...

As long as the imaginary friend doesn't tell him to do anything 'bad' I'd say he's just fine. Lot's of kiddos have imaginary friends :) He is such a cutie!

Alishia said...

Imaginary or real, I'd just be glad he was playing with someone and not hanging on my leg wanting some one-on-one time with mommy. I love Jarom! He is such a sweet boy in nursery. Maybe he and Damian can come over and play with my twins sometime??

mother of seven said...

Your kids are way too cute.... I got you email. I miss you as well. Things are so crazy around here. i sure could use a good laugh with someone like you!!!!

House is a wreck.... walls need to be painted.....laundry..dishes..soccer... right now screaming child!!!!

ARG!!!

Meow Mix said...

No way, don't even joke up shrinking haha. This has always been my belief, examples like this show depth perception and increase in brain activity(positive of course). So let creativity reign!