Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines weekend

Our Valentine weekend started Thursday night with the traditional sugar cookies for all of the kids classes. Oh my goodness they were so good!! Justin just got some recipe off of the internet and it ended up being really good. The problem is that we threw it away in the cleanup process. Hope we can find it again. Friday we had some of those cookies leftover and we munched on those all day. Saturday the kids got to open their cards from granny and were pleasantly surprised with a few bucks in there for them so they can all go out and buy their own candy. I thought it was very sweet. Steph and I topped the night off by making chocolate covered treats for all of the men in in our lives....Dad, Justin, Jared, and Jarom. We tried to save some for Josh, the other man in our lives, but it just didn't happen. Our treats were so scrumptious they just couldn't resist. I use this Belgian chocolate from Fresh and Easy for chocolate covered anything...it is quite yummy. We topped off our weekend with Heart Shaped waffles right before church and more chocolate covered treats after church...a great way to end a "lovely" weekend. By the way, when did Valentines become a "weekend" event?

2 comments:

Varney Family said...

So fun! I shoulda come to your house for goodies. Those strawberries look amazing :)

Unknown said...

MMMMM, chocolate, mmmmm. I actually did the grandma thing and frosted Valentine cookies with the little kids - I did pretty well, didn't get too grumpy. BUT how am I supposed to not care that they lick everything as they go!!!!?? I can't believe I didn't take a finished cookie picture to put on my blog! My hero Julie would never ever let that happen.