Monday, February 16, 2009

Gotta love Hungry Jack

Since meeting my hubby oh so long ago, he has introduced me to some things that I really didn't find a necessity in the kitchen. However, after 15 1/2 long years together and his demanding some things a certain way, I now find these things quite important as well. You see, he REALLY likes his syrup warmed up. I never did this until I met him. I would just pull it out of the cabinet and pour it on my pancakes, french toast, and waffles at the room temp that it was. I now have to have warm syrup too. So when Hungry Jack came out with the bottle that tells you when it's warm we both got really excited. I've since tried heating up Aunt Jamima and she heats up just fine too. Of course, she doesn't tell you when the syrup is hot but she holds up none the less. Since we are now on a tight budget I decided to buy the store brand syrup...you know, since it's like $2 cheaper. Anyways, I went to heat it up as I always do, and well, I guess the bottles really aren't the same. This is what happens to the store brand bottles when put in the microwave!!
They tend to warp and lean a little to the front. We thought it was pretty funny.

4 comments:

Janalee said...

And now you have cancer-laced melted plastic leached into your syrup mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Varney Family said...

We pour the cheap stuff into our Hungry Jack bottle - Landon is the same way with the syrup and I was just like you :) We've melted a few bottles of our own BEFORE we decided to just refill our 'cool' one!

Alison said...

i posted a bloggg!!! go see :) haha it took long enough!!! i lovee your blogg!!!:)and you :) haha and your lovely family! lol ;)

Heather said...

I agree with Amy's comment. Keep refilling that hungry jack!! :)
My hubs and Sierrah don't like syrup, how crazy are they???