Thursday, February 12, 2009

our winner...you can't get one past her

Congratulations to Jolene...she is the proud new owner of a dozen Cascarones!! You can't get one past her, I tell you...she knows it all!! Anyways, Cascarones are simply confetti eggs. Starting in January, whenever we make eggs, we carefully break them so that there is a hole at the top, then we rinse them out and let them dry. Then at Easter when we are dying our eggs we dye the hallowed out egg shells Then we fill them with Confetti. Only about halfway. Glue a piece of tissue paper over the hole at the top and wha-la!! Cascarones!! So fun!! And since Jolene lives 3 doors down from me I guess there will be confetti all over this hood!! Can't wait!!


5 comments:

Varney Family said...

So FUN!!! Maybe we'll have a new tradition this year :)

spice2116 said...

i was so close!! lol

Heather said...

Neat-O! I have never heard of such a thing! Party on your street.

Jolene said...

Yeah! This useless trivia that rattles around in my brain is good for something!

Unknown said...

Too bad I didn't keep up with your posts this week or maybe I could've won them. We made a bunch of them one year for Easter when my son was small. I have a picture of us vacuuming up the living room after the "crazy party" - haven't done it since, wonder why?