Monday, February 4, 2008

8 months!!

Ever since Steven and I became an item (back in the Ice Age) he wanted a big screen TV. We suffered through many years of watching a 32" which in my opinion is ok but that is only if you have never watched on Big Screen. We both swear that watching that 32" is what made our eyes go bad (not our age). Anyways, for Christmas of 2004 I broke down and bought him his big screen. This TV has brought joy to many!! Our kids and their friends have spent hours upon hours playing Guitar Hero on it. Steve and his friends have spent hours on it playing Halo and watching UFC. My father comes to town and forgets that he actually came to see me or my kids as this TV gets all of his attention too. It has definitely given us our moneys worth in terms of Entertainment and enjoyment. Well tonight, the unthinkable happened. Justin and Jared were wrestling (which they know they should not do in the house) and Jared fell right thru the screen of the TV. Steven and I had no clue this happened as we were both upstairs but the guilt in my little Jareds heart forced him to come and tell us. I was ticked!! And I said the first thing that I could think of...You're grounded!! For 8 months!! No TV, No playing, you're grounded!! 8 months...you got that!! They both rushed to their rooms looking oh, so upset and then I heard Steve laughing...8 months???Where'd that one come from? I dont know, I said...it was the first thing that popped in my head. We both just laughed. I never let them know I was exaggerating a little in my anger...So what do you think? Is it a little harsh?

1 comment:

Janalee said...

So did you retract? yah, I think it was harsh, maybe a few weeks. Or lots of extra chores?