Thursday, February 21, 2008

Are you smarter than a 2nd grader?


The gray spelling list is what my 5th grade daughter brought home this week. The yellow spelling list is what my 2nd grader brought home. Take a look at the words on the yellow sheet...petroglyphs? What the?? I tested him on her spelling words and he could spell them. She couln't spell all of his. Take a look at the vocab words on the the yellow sheet (which they also have to know how to spell).. Exhibition!! My 5th grader couldn't spell that or petroglyphs. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my 2nd grader is being challenged in 2nd grade but what does that say for the 5th grade class? And even sadder, I couldn't tell them what petroglyphs means!! Forget "are you smarter than a 5th grader" I can't even beat a 2nd grader!!

2 comments:

Janalee said...

that is really odd, and this is at the same school? I might be tempted to take the 2nd grade list to the 5th grade teacher and say Look.

mother of seven said...

ok that is way too funny..... Remind me to tell you about Kyler's teacher. He is in kindergarten. He has spelling lists and spelling sentences. He even gets a point off if his space between the words are too small. Is Kindergarten the next 1st grade? I think so:)
I am pictured on the top. I have 3 posts with pics and I am on the very top. yes he is amazing. I will get you details when I have them...