Sunday, February 24, 2008

I need a skill

I would like to think that there is something I was put on this wonderful earth to do. Yes, I cook great meals for my hubby everyday, do a ton of laundry, change a million diapers, sweep the floor and on occasion (a very rare occasion) I even dust. These are all great things, I know, but it just isn't enough!! I want some great skill. My mom can sew like there's no tomorrow (she can cook too), I have a friend, Carol, who makes the cutest little beannie hats and quilts, I have another friend, Allison, who taught herself 1 stroke painting, crochet, and knitting. Then there's Jana, who found yo-yo's online and decided she could do that (and she can!!). I just want a skill!! SOMEBODY TEACH ME SOMETHING!! I want to be impressive like all of you!! I guess I spent too much of my youth hanging out with those "other" kids...the ones that liked boys!! The ones you're mama's warned you about!! I'm sorry!! I really am!! Just teach me something!!
Julie

4 comments:

Alli H. said...

You sweet heart. I will call you and hook you up.Thanks for the mention. That was sweet

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

lol your funny!
you've been researching???

Michele Bushman said...

Julie,
You underestimate yourself! I have a degree and I could not get a job that pays anything! You run the plumbing business and you were an insurance agent. You could learn how to make hats, quilt, sew a lot quicker than running a successful business.

Janalee said...

Oh like yo-yo's are so hard to do. You're a craftster anyway, you can do anything you want.