Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Pursuit of Skinniness




I've had the same enemy for 11 years!! She has given me nothing but problems. Every so often she lightens up on me but for the most part she has found ways to torture me. She lies and tells me things I dont want to hear. I have had to use much self control with her. There have been times I have wanted to wrap my little hands around her and throw her against a wall. But what would that teach my children? Now every so often when they aren't looking I do give her a little kick but nothing that will hold up in a court of law. I know most of you probably cant believe this as I have never been known to let anyone treat me this way but it's true. So, Sunday, I decided I wasn't going to let this skinny little white girl win anymore. This has gone on way too long with me doing nothing about it!! That scale of mine will never tell me the things it has told me in the past. Never again will I let her tell me I weigh that much!! Monday I started my new plan of attack which consists of eating healthier and exercising. I did really good on Monday. Then today, I had an omelette for breakfast filled with veggies and ham. I didn't eat again until dinner (pictured above) where I ate quite healthy if I must say so myself. Justin made cookies while I was gone and I did have 2 of those (thats the rebel in me coming out). Now I know its taken many years to get all of this weight on but come on...its been 2 whole days!!! If I do this much longer I'll wither away to nothing!! I thought by now I'd be a size or 2 smaller. This pursuit of skinniness is for the birds!!....especially with Justin around!!

2 comments:

Janalee said...

So funny. Get rid of that scale, we haven't had one for years, but before that Art and I weighed ourselves so much that it broke. I don't think it helps either. You'll know by the way your clothes are getting looser. Maybe a weigh-in once a week at the gym. (if you use one)Good luck, I know it's so hard to restrain. I have a book called The Fat Flush you can borrow, it's really good, I'm always promoting it to people.

mother of seven said...

Julie we need to talk. I hear you can teach me a little something about coupons AND I could use help on blogging. Next week... What do you think?