Friday, May 23, 2008

The BIGGEST one I've ever seen!!

I grew up in sunny California where they grow lots of palm trees and lots of pot(did I say that out loud??). So you can imagine my being SOOO impressed when yesterday I pulled out of my kids school and saw the biggest sunflower I have ever seen in my life. This thing was huge!! Because it was the last day of school I just happened to have my camera with me. It was drizzling at this point so I took the picture from my car across the street but you'll get the idea how big it is from the pic. Now, I know some of you have seen bigger but for me this was the BIGGEST. Look how it just towers the fence!!

Is that not huge!?!? I have decided I am going to try and grow these next year...or maybe in the fall...I just know I want them in my yard. Are they supposed to get that big? In any case, I am very impressed!!

5 comments:

Janalee said...

That sunflower looks like a perv peering over the fence and staring at everybody.

is that what you want?

haha

mother of seven said...

Love the sunflower!!!!

I'm glad you did not find a picture of pot to post!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have planted 4 sun flowers in my yard and they grow pretty fast. I'm excited to see if mine grows that big!

Anonymous said...

That is largest sunflower ever. It looks like it is spying over the fence. Lovely blog!

Anonymous said...

The GInormous sunflower in your blog looks like an alien creature peering into your yard!