Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My last 13 hours...

2 AM - Jared wakes me to tell me he's been puking...he made it to the restroom, no puke on the floor, drink some water and go back to bed...sleeps thru the rest of the night
5:30 AM - Steph comes to our room, enters the bathroom, next thing we know there's a loud thud and she is unconscious on the bathroom floor...she fainted. She is sweaty and clammy but otherwise fine, drinks some water and back to bed...this time my bed.
7:30 AM - change the first of many watery diapers of Jaroms...Jared wants to go to school and since he has no fever I send him...Steph stays home.
9 AM - Jarom has another mess for me.
11:20 AM - Steph now wants to go to school...she has not had fever at all and since tomorrow is the last day I let her go.
11:55 AM - Nurse calls, Jared has puked up all of his lunch and I need to come get him.
12:05 PM - I get to the school, get Jared and decide I should go and check on Steph, her teacher says she should probably go home as she is not herself and appears to be very pale.
12:10 PM - Leave the school with both kids.
12:30 PM - Another diaper.
2:45 PM - Michelle, my savior, brings me a Coke from Sonic...suddenly the day doesn't look so bad!!
AHHHH, the things a Coke will do for you.

5 comments:

Michele Bushman said...

Julie,
Thanks so much for your cute note! Hope your kids feel better. Thanks for all of the fun times, errands and Sonic runs ( and many more to come).
What did mom's do without cell-phones, computers and fast-food like Sonic twenty years ago? I think I would have been hitching up my horse to someone's kitchen window and trading ironing for good food.

spice2116 said...

so was it just a bug or did they eat something raunchy?! did you get your photo thing working yet :p

Alli H. said...

Oh my goodness:

Julie, I am so sorry that your kids are so ill. I hope that they will be feeling better. What they have contracted sounds really bad. Be as careful as you can. Did they eat something? Maybe it is food poisoning.

Unknown said...

Did Alison's cake make everyone feel better!? Sure made our house smell good and we didn't even get a bite. BTW, does anyone besides me hate this word verification thing!? Sometimes I can't tell what stinking letter it is. Ok I feel better now, sorry.

Cristina said...

Hope your kiddo's are feeling better!! I don't have my own kids as you know, but I have had nieces and nephews puke in my bed before...and I've had to get them out of school before and take care of them. NOT FUN!!!