Sunday, May 4, 2008

tacos, tacos, and more tacos

I decided to be a real Mexican and make tacos for dinner today. As I was standing there frying the tortillas I remembered...this is why I never make tacos!! It takes too dang long to fry tortillas for a family as big as mine with appetites as big as Texas!! What you see below is only a fraction of the tortillas I make when having tacos for dinner. I'm not sure how many this is but I made 26 total.Of course, the whole time I was cooking everyone was frequenting the kitchen looking oh so hungry and malnourished!! Jarom couldn't wait any longer so he decided to gnaw on his fork..I am a firm believer in eating as a family so everyone waits until all of the tortillas are done and then I serve them. Once I serve them, they are free to eat to their hearts content...And boy were they content!! They ate...and ate...and ate!!!Til they just couldn't do it any more!!!Then I remembered...this is why I do it...because it is so rewarding watching my beautiful family enjoy the fruits of my labor...that's truly what makes me happy!

4 comments:

Alli H. said...

The tacos looked yummy Julie and your family looked happy. I am sure they are grateful everyday for your labors of love.

Cristina said...

K...I know this sounds funny, but I don't know how to make taco's. Do you have a recipe that you would like to share with me por favor????!!!

Janalee said...

I make those a lot, we use shredded chicken or even leftover turkey - good way to pass it off after thanksgiving.

mother of seven said...

Yummy!!!! And no one asked if Grandma was here?



I love those kind of tacos. I fried up some this week and realize they taste so much better......but your house smells like a taco stand and it takes forever.

But we inhaled everything and my kids made it a point to tell me hoe GOOD it was!!!!!