Friday, May 9, 2008

Floaties

For years now I have been the victim of a toddler induced epidemic called "drinking floaties". For those who are unfamiliar with this epidemic it is when a child, hopefully your own, takes a big swish of your drink and leaves little particles of food (or whatever else he has gnawed on that day) floating around in your drink. Anyone who has children can attest to this. Unless of course, they are smart enough to keep their drinks away from their children. I have always thought I was smart enough but for some strange reason my children always find these hidden drinks and leave me little floaties...this is their way of telling me that I did not outsmart them and I never will so give it up now!! Josh was the one who introduced me to floaties. He felt the urge to suck away at any straw that crossed his path!! At first I would tell him "no Josh, that drinks not for you...now leave it alone and come get your cup". He would look at me as though I were on drugs and proceed to drink out of my cup. I then resorted to hiding my drinks. This too, was unsuccessful!! He always knew where to look. Then right when Josh was outgrowing the backwash stage Justin was born and with his birth came a new round of floaties...then, of course, was Steph (who still thinks everything I have is hers) and then Jared. And just when I thought I was floatie free I found out I was pregnant with Jarom...Never did I think "Oh my goodness!! Another baby!!" The only thing I thought was "more floaties!!". Surprisingly, I haven't found many floaties with this one...he seems to always know where my drinks are though and every now and again I suck down some substance that isn't supposed to be in there but I can pretty much deal with it. What I can't deal with is what I found today...a jar full of chewed up peanuts!! Apparently he found our hidden stash of peanuts and tried them out for himself...he obviously wasn't too crazy about them because they were all chewed up and spit back in the jar looking like minced garlic...CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! In my house we call them floaties "fishies" different word, same meaning:D Ahh..one of the many blessings of being a mommy

mother of seven said...

ARGH!!!!! That is too funny. Kelsey will tell you all about floaties. She says they are in your drink because you open your mouth big and you let the drink in your mouth...then back out. She is 4. She wants me to know "how" they get there, because she does not do that!!!!!!
Whatever!!!Leave my coke alone!!!!

Janalee said...

If the floaties are fresh and from my small child, I'll still drink.

Lori K said...

Ha ha ha...I Can't wait for Bailey to leave me floaties! Geez, with this 12 and 10 year gap between kids, I'm forgetting all of the wonderful and gross stuff I'm in for!

By the way, Macey also thinks everything I own/have/am holding is hers too. Ahh these girls!

Michele Bushman said...

That is so funny!! I live with that too. I never think it so gross until I really think about it. Oh well, luckily we love our kids so much that we tolerate it.