Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm no Alice!!

It's 10:26pm and I am just sitting down to write this blog entry. I have just mopped the kitchen/dining room and the entryway. I windexed the glass in my kitchen (windows, oven door, microwave oven, dishwasher door), wiped off the counters, seperated folded laundry and put the clothes in their proper stacks for the kids to put away in the morning. My son cleaned the bathroom today and my daughter cleaned the walls. They all picked up dog poop outside. And still, I look around and it looks as though we've done nothing!! Now, I know I have alot of kids but still, this is ridiculous!! How in the heck did Alice do it in the Brady Bunch? That woman kept the house clean, always had food cooking, and still had time to get involved in all the drama. I cook, clean, do laundry, and stilll there is always something else to be done. Everytime I turn around there is a stack of mail, mostly junk mail, that I haven't gone thru. There was never any junk mail at the Brady residence!! What am I doing wrong? I just can't find the time. I guess if I didn't blog that would save me about 30 minutes a day to go thru the mail but blogging is much more fun!! It is a must that I know what is going on in everyone's lives and I have to return the favor by posting something on my blog for everyone to read every now and again. I guess I just have to come to grips with the fact that I'm no Alice!! Not in this day and age...so I can't guarantee a mail free home when you come to visit but rest assured, I can let you know what's goin on in everyones lives!

4 comments:

Janalee said...

I love it. Didn't anybody tell you that The Brady Bunch isn't real life?

And about the slovenly house? Welcome to my world 24/7. I wish junk mail was my only problem.

There is only one sure-fire way to get your house up to par and that's to put it up for sale and have people come look at it every weekend. You'll be forced to have that baby whipped into shining shape all the time. But you'll also hate your life at the same time.

mother of seven said...

My favorite saying is "Lopita" will take care of it RIGHT!!!!Everyone counts on "Lopita" to get it done!!!!!
I always have stuff to do. It is like that DR SUESS story.....You know the page where the lawn is being cut , but it is regrowing just as fast behind it!!!!

ARGH!!!!

Unknown said...

Ok, here's a bad confession -- my goofy looking little dog, Sox, is my floor cleaner. He eats every bit of food that drops onto the floor (and some that isn't food I think) and he licks up everything that may become a spot. Believe me, he loves when the grandkids are over, they drop a lot. Don't worry, as soon as we have a crawler again (in just a month probably)I'll have to break down & mop more - darn it!

Anonymous said...

I think "Alice" is extinct.