Tuesday, May 20, 2008

a little lost

I am in the middle of a crisis and didn't want to share it with you guys as I try not to air out all of my dirty laundry (yeah right). Actually, I thought it would be over by now but since it is not, I thought I better share. I am a firm believer in posting pics on your blog with your post. There are a few occasions where I have not but for the most part I try to post pics to go with my blog posts...well, my computer is not cooperating with me..in fact, it is rebelling big time. For whatever reason, It will not read my CF card. So needless to say, I cannot download any pics right now which makes me very sad because I have taken some good ones recently. I feel like a baby without his bottle, a puppy without his mama, a car with no wheels, a pool with no water...you get the picture. I do not feel complete!! How does one blog with no pictures...or better yet, have a digital camera with no computer to put the pics in. What is a girl to do?? I'll tell you what a girl is not to do...BLOG!! So lets hope I figure this out soon...because I can't live without this wonderful world of BLOG. Life isn't the same...It's just not normal!! Without blog I am like an addict without her drug. So, pray that I find a way to post my pics soon...Until then, keep your blogs interesting because I'll be living vicariously through you.

6 comments:

Alli H. said...

Hi Julie:

I have a question. Did your camera come with an upload cord? If it did and you have a place to plug it in to your camera and computer you can keep the card in the camera and have the computer read it through the camera. I do that all the time. Also if your printer has a card reader built in you can put your CF card in there and have the computer read it through the printer. You can also transfer it from the printer to the computer and save it as a file. I have done that too. Let me know if that works. Sometimes to directly put it into the computer will not work, but there are ways around ANYTHING!

Darin said...

also as a temporary solution you can try having a friend download the pictures for you on a different computer, then just email them to you.

Alli H. said...

Thanks Heidi...I was going to suggest that too. By the way, congratulations on your baby girl she is beautiful.

Leslie said...

You can also tell it to read the card manually by clicking on computer and then the drive such as I or J or K and double clicking on it. The only reason I know is because my computer used to automatically scan and read my card when I put it in but then stopped and so I thought it doesn't work! But Will showed me that you can click on start, then computer, then the drive your card goes in and open up it manually.

Try that my sista! We need your blog posts & your cute pictures!!!

mother of seven said...

sometimes mine wont pick up either and I have to restart it... I know that seems obvious but I thought I'd say it anyways!!!!!

get a new cf!!!!I feel like I need pics also. Sometimes I add too many. But hey I can do up to 5 at a time right?"

Janalee said...

What did you end up buying and is is working?